The V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader is a product of superior innovation and well thought-out product development.
• Emissions certified Tier IV engines combine power and efficiency.
• Self leveling lift action for better control of lifting loads.
• The chassis aids in superior weight distribution, which further enhances stability.
• Thick steel plating and heavy-duty pins and bushings make this loader stronger than any other machine in its class.
• A heavily constructed vertical-lift boom provides substantial forward reach at trailer loading and dumping heights.
• Electronic engine control and foot throttle allow operation at part throttle, reducing sound levels and fuel consumption.
The spacious operator’s compartment on the V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader is every operator’s dream.
• Level II FOPS is standard equipment.
• Optional pressurized sealed cab enclosure with sound reduction material and rear-mounted air filter provide cleaner and quieter operating environment.
• Extra-large side screens combined with a low-profile lift arm design provide a wide field-of-view to the side work areas.
• Fully adjustable controls and an optional air-ride seat deliver outstanding comfort.
• Domed, wide-view glass door option reduces glare and provides optimal visibility to the lift arm, work tool and front work area. Large top, front window provides a clear view of the lift arm in its higher lift positions.
The V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader is ergonomically designed to reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• T-Bar and dual-hand controls now available.
• Optional electronic attachment control - 14-pin connector for easy operation of all attachments.
• Adjustable joystick handles provide for ease of operator control with minimal of effort, to reduce fatigue.
• New upper-left and upper-right instrument panels provide easy readout and switch access.
• Pilot joystick controls or pilot hand/foot controls provide the ultimate in operator comfort, ease and controllability.
• Infinitely adjustable proportional auxiliary hydraulics.
• Hydraloc™ system applies brakes whenever the operator raises restraint bar, leaves the operator’s seat or switches off the ignition.
Emissions certified Tier IV engines combine power and efficiency on the V270 GEN:2 model.
• Engine consumes less fuel, making a positive impact on the bottom line.
• Automatic glow module engine intake heating system provides superior cold-weather starting.
• Engine has conventional water/ethylene glycol liquid-cooled design.
• Engine warranty, parts and service are handled through normal dealership servicing in conjunction with Gehl parts and service support.
When maximum hydraulic power is needed to run demanding attachments, the V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader is equipped with the tools to get the job done right.
• Standard proportional auxiliary hydraulic control gives the operator the ability to adjust attachment speeds with infinitely adjustable flow control.
• Standard auxiliary detent allows the operator to set attachment for continuous operation.
• Hydraglide™ system allows the lift arm to “float” when transporting loads, minimizing loss of material at faster transport speeds.
• Lift cylinders incorporate cushioning for smoother operation when lowering the lift arm.
• Pilot-controlled hydrostatic transmission with direct engine coupling provides high operating efficiency.
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their V270 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
The V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader does not use the ordinary vertical-lift design. This loader’s lift arm is designed with the operator in mind.
• Low-profile lift arm design provides outstanding forward and side visibility.
• Self-leveling lift action provides better control of lifting loads.
• Heavy-duty timing link design, upper-rear channel support and large diameter pivot pins provide extra strength and rigidity to the lift arm, and exceptional rear visibility.
• Four-point support through dual bucket cylinders and two lift arm stop blocks on the front of the main frame evenly distribute digging forces.
As with any Gehl loader, serviceability on the V270 GEN:2 Skid Loader is a snap.
• Large engine cover is hinged and positioned by gas-springs to assist lifting and holding in place, and allows for easy return to closed/operating position.
• Featured cab safety restraint bar for lifting ROPS/FOPS.
• Large rear door easily opens on hinges on right side, allowing full access for servicing and maintenance.
• Remote engine oil filter is on left side; easy access to hydraulic oil filter on right side.
• Entire ROPS/FOPS assembly tilts rearward with a hydraulic lift for easy internal service access.
• Drive chains and axle bearings are sealed systems that require no maintenance.
• Coded wiring takes the guesswork out of electrical system identification.
Bucket Size: 17, Fuel Capacity: 22, Operating Weight: 8,000, Ground Clearance: 8, Travel Speed: 7, Length w/o Bucket: 115, Length with Bucket: 149, Height to Top of ROPS: 81, Width w/o bucket: 67, Wheelbase: 49, Engine Manufacturer: Yanmar, Engine Model: 4TNV98T
* Per SAE J818, SAE J732 and ISO 14397
** Weight of base unit with standard equipment, standard bucket and 175 lb. operator and full fuel tank
Two-speed is optional on V270 GEN:2