The MT 1840 telehandler is specially designed for high bay/high rise work sites, with a lifting capacity of 4 t up to 18 m in height. Equally at home on uneven terrain, it has a generous ground clearance and tight turning radius so maneuverability never becomes an issue. Additionally excellent lateral and front stability make it a reliable on-site partner.
Robust and design to last, this handler is equipped with a low frame steel door and quality components to ensure longevity. For easy transportability, multiple slinging points have been provided. A true multi-tasker, it can be adapted to meet all of your needs by changing the boom attachment.
• Whether in lifting capacity or height, engine power, longer battery autonomy or drawbar full, Manitou handling equipment shows it is the fruit of the labor of our various development departments. Constantly refining equipment performance is a source of pride for us, and the occasionally extreme working conditions all of us face are when users can see what our machines are really made of
• Manitou's all-terrain machines have extra ground clearance to overcome any obstacles in their path (such as potholes or uneven pavement) and keep moving forward when faced with uneven ground conditions. Additionally the 4-wheel drive and large tires provide all the traction you need to move loads over soft or difficult terrain (such as mud, sand, grass, gravel, etc.). Our engineers have developed equipment with optimized torque for significant tractive force while maintaining an excellent weight/power ratio, balanced weight distribution for each axle and low ground pressure.
4 Wheel Drive & 3 Steering Modes
• All Manitou machines that come equipped with 4-wheel drive are true all-terrain vehicles. Combined with a generous ground clearance, they allow you to get out of all manner of sticky maneuvering situations and keep performance levels high.
• Easily transportable equipment really is an asset for day-to-day operations, and we know how well that translates into productivity and effectiveness for your trade. Whether it's the generous number of slinging points, a more compact size or the ability to fit multiple machines onto a single trailer platform, our units are designed to make everyday operations easier for you.
• Some Manitou units come equipped with an on-board diagnostic tool so users can quickly and easily view any issues that come up when operating their machine. Whether this is exceeding the load chart, maintenance being required or a movement that is impossible without firstly setting out the stabilizers, this tool tells you exactly what the problem is and how it can be resolved.
Joystick Switch & Move (JSM)
• Manitou Joystick Switch & Move (JSM) controls are standard issue for the MLT, MT and MHT lines. This joystick means you can control the whole of boom movements and machine drive forward and backward movements with one hand, leaving you free to keep the other on the steering wheel at all times for improved efficiency. The joystick itself is easier to operate than traditional models, with your hand coming to rest on top.
Easy Connect System (ECS)
• The Easy Connect System (ECS) is a simple device you can use to easily connect and remove hydraulic attachments. Just press a button in the driver's cab and the hydraulic pressure begins to decompress on the attachment line. The ECS makes connecting and removing attachments a breeze, saving the operator time and trouble.
• Comfort is not a luxury, it's your right: if you spend long hours working in front of the controls of a handling machine, then you know how the simple matter of adjusting your seat, controls or even your posture can be crucial in the long run. Manitou has endeavored to accommodate all shapes and sizes in often-times extreme working conditions with its designs. And whether this is in the form of anti-shock seats, adjustable controls, options such as air con/heating or even more sophisticated models such as pressured driver's cabs for dusty environments, we have standardized and optional solutions for each of your needs.
• Frame leveling allows you to reset the horizontality of your attachment for sloping terrain. It is generally included for machines with a lifting height of over 10 metres.
• Driver's cab visibility is essential when it comes to operations safety and efficiency, which is why we make a point of ensuring all of our cabs have full 360° visibility. Climb aboard and see for yourself by taking a virtual tour of our machines at 360 Manitou.