The MT1840A telehandler is an excellent choice for construction sector professionals who need power and versatility for handling operations on their work sites. Capable of safely lifting, placing and removing loads (bulks, pallets, structures, etc.) up to 18 m in height with a maximum capacity of 4 t, this machine is still agile enough to get around on all types of surfaces.
With predisposition for a platform basket or any number of other compatible attachments available, it can help you perform a large number of tasks by simply swapping out the attachment thanks to the Easy Connect System (ECS). And quickly and easily transportable from one site to another and robust and versatile, it's sure to please your operators.
• Whether in lifting capacity or height, engine power, longer battery autonomy or drawbar full, Manitou handling equipment shows it is the fruit of the labor of our various development departments. Constantly refining equipment performance is a source of pride for us, and the occasionally extreme working conditions all of us face are when users can see what our machines are really made of.
• Manitou's all-terrain machines have extra ground clearance to overcome any obstacles in their path (such as potholes or uneven pavement) and keep moving forward when faced with uneven ground conditions. Additionally the 4-wheel drive and large tires provide all the traction you need to move loads over soft or difficult terrain (such as mud, sand, grass, gravel, etc.). Our engineers have developed equipment with optimized torque for significant tractive force while maintaining an excellent weight/power ratio, balanced weight distribution for each axle and low ground pressure.
• Manitou has a strong tradition of developing machines that can handle multiple tasks: one look at the specs sheet will tell you everything you need to know about how versatile our equipment truly is. And this mindset is even evident in our name, which comes from a combination of the French words 'manie' (handling) and 'tout' (everything). Ever since Marcel Braud invented the all-terrain masted forklift truck, Manitou has been able to develop more uses for its machines by simply taking a base machine and adding an attachment to the mast or telescopic boom. The same basic principle applies to our work platforms, mounted forklifts and stackers as well. We design them, you find new uses for them. Discover the full range of attachments available and compatible machines at Manitou.
4 Wheel Drive & 3 Steering Modes
• All Manitou machines that come equipped with 4-wheel drive are true all-terrain vehicles. Combined with a generous ground clearance, they allow you to get out of all manner of sticky maneuvering situations and keep performance levels high.
• Easily transportable equipment really is an asset for day-to-day operations, and we know how well that translates into productivity and effectiveness for your trade. Whether it's the generous number of slinging points, a more compact size or the ability to fit multiple machines onto a single trailer platform, our units are designed to make everyday operations easier for you.
• Some Manitou units come equipped with an on-board diagnostic tool so users can quickly and easily view any issues that come up when operating their machine. Whether this is exceeding the load chart, maintenance being required or a movement that is impossible without firstly setting out the stabilizers, this tool tells you exactly what the problem is and how it can be resolved.
Stabilizers (Wing Type)
• Machines equipped with stabilizers (outriggers) provide you with an increased load chart, improved ground stability and easy movement from the center of gravity. The classic 'wing type' stabilizers deploy laterally like their namesake suggests with a simple command from the driver's cab; easy to use and easy to maintain. Once finished, they retract into their storage position, with the machine returning to its original width.
Joystick Switch & Move (JSM)
• Manitou Joystick Switch & Move (JSM) controls are standard issue for the MLT, MT and MHT lines. This joystick means you can control the whole of boom movements and machine drive forward and backward movements with one hand, leaving you free to keep the other on the steering wheel at all times for improved efficiency. The joystick itself is easier to operate than traditional models, with your hand coming to rest on top.
Easy Connect System (ECS)
• The Easy Connect System (ECS) is a simple device you can use to easily connect and remove hydraulic attachments. Just press a button in the driver's cab and the hydraulic pressure begins to decompress on the attachment line. The ECS makes connecting and removing attachments a breeze, saving the operator time and trouble.