Up for DOWNSIZING any task.
With more power, increased efficiency and unprecedented ergonomic control, the new Challenger MT500D Series is your steadfast partner in getting more done in less time. Whether you’re planting or pulling a grain cart, the MT500D Series adapts to any situation, beautifully. For hay or dairy applications, it’s a natural at pulling all sizes of round or square balers. As a loader, the multifunction joystick is
highly intuitive to the operator.
From inside out, the MT500D has all the comfort and control to keep a long day on the farm from feeling that way. An available CVT transmission excels at maximizing torque while delivering unmatched ease of use. Power Management increases fuel efficiency and the industry-exclusive Forager mode bales more hay in less time. Plus, the MT500D performs all these tasks with the reliability that your work demands. Whatever you need to do, it redefines expectations of what a tractor should be — in the field and in the cab.
Less Talk. More Torque.
Even in the toughest conditions, the Challenger MT500D Series feels right at home. Because our AGCO POWER engines are engineered specifically for ag applications, we deliver unrivaled torque for powering through the most demanding conditions. Plus, our engines are designed to deliver optimal torque at a lower RPM range – maximizing productivity and fuel efficiency. And a superior torque rise ensures there’s plenty of reserve for when the going gets rough. When it comes to lugging capability, our machines rise above the competition.
AGCO POWER engines are precision manufactured and balanced to the nearest gram resulting in reduced vibration and engine wear. Normally a hallmark of racing technology, you’ll feel the benefits every time you’re in the field. And with SCR technology, the MT500D Series delivers the best overall fluid economy in the industry with no trade-offs in power or productivity.
Our Power Management mode allows the engine and transmission to work together to maintain the most efficient setting based on engine load. Working the sweet spot of the engine equals peak performance with maximum torque and fuel efficiency.
• Single-side servicing and fluid fills simplify maintenance
• Industry-exclusive, tailor-made electronic engine management (EEM) system
• Changeable wet cylinder liners provide cooler combustion temperatures for greater efficiency
• Mid-rib supports for cylinder lines prevent distortion and cavitation
• A large, viscous drive fan operates only when needed, saving fuel and horsepower
• Power boost on models with AutoPower IV & VI
Cabs crafted around You.
The redesigned Challenger MT500D Series cab is perhaps the largest, quietest and most technologically evolved cab on the planet. Our roomy cab offers more headroom, automatic air conditioning and a commanding 360° Pinnacle View, as well as an unparalleled sound pressure level and Multifunction joystick on all our package options. Settle back in the fully adjustable, air-ride swivel seat or choose the added comfort of the extra-wide seat with added cushioning. And with three cab package options to choose from, you get the ultimate in versatility, operator comfort and ease of operation – so you stay comfortable and alert from sunup to sundown.
- Classic – Equipped with the AutoPower IV or VI partial power-shift transmission, Classic models are economical and full-featured, with comfortable and familiar control layouts.
- Deluxe – With either TechStar CVT or AutoPower VI transmission, Deluxe models offer the ultimate in versatility and an ergonomic, seat-mounted control armrest. Short control armrest features T-handle transmission and fingertip controls for hydraulic remotes, three-point hitch, engine speed and headland, throttle and Power Management.
- Premium – For the ultimate in technology, with all the bells and whistles, Premium models come with the new armrest with Multi-controller joystick, featuring thumb and fingertip controls of forward/reverse shuttling, PTO, programmable hydraulic function, engine and cruise speeds.
Available joystick controls increase your productivity with intuitive and ergonomic controls. Our Multicontroller (standard in our Premium cab) incorporates a wide variety of tractor controls including:
• Speed control (CVT/AutoPower VI)
• 3-point hitch control
• Headland management
• Shuttle control
• Hydraulic remote (1)
• Engine speed memory
An additional Multifunction joystick for loader-equipped tractors controls hydraulic functions as well as speed/gear changes and forward/reverse shuttle controls.
** All dimensions measured with 18.4R42 rear tires and 14.9R30 front tires. AGCO Corporation has a company policy of continuous
improvement; therefore, specifications are subject to change without notice.