Some people just prefer four wheels on their application equipment. Whether it’s conditions that demand a bit more stability or the desire for a slightly smoother ride, the TG8400B is built just for them. But rest assured, everything else about this four-wheeled beast comes with the same TerraGator precision, durability and power we’ve been perfecting for more than 50 years. Our Tier 4 Final engine and transmission – each manufactured by AGCO – work perfectly together for more power to the ground, more torque and better fuel efficiency. Our comfort-enhanced cab is the only one in the industry built specifically for application. And since we offer more liquid and dry systems than anyone, you know you’ll always have the right equipment to fit every farm, every field, every climate or every growing trend. If these things aren’t important to you, just buy any old applicator. But if they are, test drive a TG8400B. And see for yourself how it redefines the standards for how efficiently an applicator can work.
The TG8400B quickly and smoothly produces peak torque to the ground at engine speeds as low as 1500 RPM, then consistently maintains that torque.
A PURPOSE-BUILT ENGINE
Our engine is engineered specifically for off-road, ag use. Others use on-road engines in their off-road machines.
Each engine rotating group is precision balanced to within one gram for less vibration, less wear and tear and much longer engine life.
This powerful, smooth-running Tier 4F engine uses less fuel and less DEF than the engines in comparable machines in its class.
LONGER SERVICE INTERVALS
Maintenance intervals are longer, so you’ll spend more time in your customers’ fields.
WHY THE CVT IS BETTER
• Conventional-shifting transmissions are limited by the number of gears. The CVT fills in those gear gaps, so you choose an exact ground speed, engine speed or a combination of both. You ensure firm, continuous traction that minimize wheel slip and reduces ground disturbance. You control driving modes with the foot pedal, joystick or power shuttle. There’s no gear shifting, no jerks and no delay in traction or power. Just infinite speed control for the most precise application possible.
• The advanced TerraGator Management System (TMS) maintains an intelligent, electronic link between engine and transmission allowing you to choose an exact ground speed, engine speed or combination of both to fit conditions.
• Because the CVT and engine are always synchronized with terrain and load demand, our applicators are designed to deliver optimum fuel efficiency.
• There are no clutch packs in the CVT, so service intervals are longer than a powershift or automatic transmission. Plus, with the fewest moving parts of any mechanical transmission in the industry, you get better reliability, longer machine life and greater resale value.
• A separate hydraulic reservoir isolates it from other hydraulic systems and minimizes the chance for contamination.
TG8400B ENGINE TECHNOLOGY AT-A-GLANCE
• Dual-stage turbocharging and inter-stage charge air cooler (iCAC) – Dual-stage turbocharging increases low engine speed torque, improves fuel consumption and decreases exhaust temperature. The iCAC provides thermal reliability for a more efficient, cleaner fuel burn.
• Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) - The DOC reduces particulate matter in the exhaust stream by 20-50%, depending on operating conditions.
• Pump and injection system - This system reacts to the emissions output of the engine and continuously varies the amount of DEF added to the exhaust stream.
• Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) chamber - The DEF-treated exhaust enters the SCR catalyst chamber. There it reacts with the catalyst and NOx is transformed into harmless nitrogen gas and water vapor.
• Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (cEGR) - A small amount of exhaust gas is cooled and recirculated, as needed to meet emissions, into the air intake to decrease the amount of raw NOx and reduce the consumption of DEF.
• DEF tank – The 15-gallon DEF tank is conveniently located between the fuel tank and entry steps. It features a heating coil to circulate engine coolant to prevent freezing and to thaw frozen DEF during cold-starts.
Unmatched Visibility The unique six-post cab design features 58 square feet of curved-corner glass, for unmatched visibility and less strain on the operator who, with a slight turn of the head, has an unobstructed view in virtually any direction.
Fresh Air. Always. Positive cab pressure, maintained by a separate pressurization unit, keeps unfiltered air out. Then, a three-stage filtration process keeps the air in the cab dust- and odor-free. Chemicals are virtually eliminated from the cab for a safer, more pleasant operating environment.