Binkley & Hurst leaf logo

Powered by Investing.com
Binkley Hurst

Our History

 

The Binkley & Hurst Team is determined to strive for excellence in Customer service. We highly value the many long-term relationships which God has directed to us. It is our desire to build on those relationships and expand the business as Providence allows. We are committed to Godly stewardship of all of our resources and look forward to providing premium products and supportive services to each Customer who entrusts us with relationship.

 

Click through the timeline below to read more about Binkley & Hurst's company history.

  • binkley & hurst begins in 1939

    1939

    Walter Binkley began a feed and fertilizer store as well as a fledgling tractor dealership in Rothsville, Lancaster County, PA. Years later, David Binkley, Walter’s only son, joined the business which became known as Walter Binkley & Son. The J.I. Case Farm & Industrial product lines were eventually added to the Huber Tractor line.

  • 1973

    Leonard Hurst and Amos Hurst, Jr, employees of David Binkley, invested in the business and the company name, Binkley & Hurst Brothers, Inc, was adopted. In the ensuing decade, a workforce of nearly seventy employees serviced and supplied the agricultural equipment needs of Eastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding area.

  • 1990

    Binkley & Hurst developed a farm toy store, doing business internationally with multiple toy brands and manufacturers.

  • 2005

    “Outback Toys” moved into their own location in historic Lititz. The 6,000 square foot showroom attracts visitors from around the world.

  • 2006

    Senior managers of Binkley & Hurst Bros. Inc. formed Binkley & Hurst, LP and purchased the business assets from Amos and Leonard Hurst. Binkley & Hurst, LP is an employee-owned limited partnership. Don Hoover, long-time sales manager at Binkley & Hurst Bros. Inc., serves as president.

  • 2009

    New chapters were written in the history of Binkley & Hurst, LP when the assets of Lebanon Valley Implement Company, a neighboring dealer from Lebanon County, PA were purchased by Binkley & Hurst, LP in October 2009.

  • 2011

    A second acquisition in January 2011 brought WEB Enterprises of Dayton, VA into the Binkley & Hurst, LP family.

  • 2012

    The next addition to the Binkley & Hurst, LP family during the summer of 2012 came in the form of an AGCO Applicators center along Route 13, just north of Seaford, DE. This enabled the company to enhance their service to applicator Customers on the DelMarVa. Also added during the summer of 2012 was a rental-focused location near Rockingham, VA. The facility offered equipment rental, retail and service for Massey Ferguson, Gehl/Manitou and Ferris lines of equipment.

  • 2013

    In November 2013, a deal was struck with Scott Mason, owner of Molly’s Tractor in Kennedyville, MD, to transfer the assets of his company to Binkley & Hurst. The Kennedyville location features the full range of AGCO products, as well as lawn and garden equipment from Hustler XL and Ferris Industries. The enhancement of this location further enables Binkley & Hurst to extend excellent service to our Eastern Shore Customers.