Part-time farmers need economical haying solutions. Commercial hay producers often need specialized drying tools when conditions call for them. The affordable 1500 Series works great for both.
Today’s mower conditioners and self-propelled windrowers that cut, condition and windrow the crop in one operation certainly make life easier under average conditions. But who can count on average?
Available in three sizes, Massey Ferguson 1500 Series vertical fold wheel rakes are ideal for the producer who occasionally needs a rake for pulling two windrows together, turning damp windrows or windrowing hay that has been mowed, tedded or laid down in swaths. Choose between the 8-wheel 1508 model with raking widths up to 20 feet, the 10-wheel 1510 model with a maximum raking width of 22 feet or the 12-wheel 1512 model with raking widths to 24 feet.
1500S Super wheel rakes offer producers additional features and capabilities over standard 1500 Series wheel rakes while keeping the same economical price point and easy to use design. 1500 Series wheel rakes are available in 10- or 12-wheel configurations with a maximum working width of 22’ or 24’. They utilize a robust, high clearance frame paired with 5” larger rake wheels to handle larger windrows. Additionally, the rakes offer 10 raking positions within their defined working widths, so the operator can precisely match working width and windrow formation to the specific needs of their operation. 1500S Series rakes allow operators to lift either the left or right wing individually to form a single windrow from either side. This is especially useful when cleaning up a field or working around obstacles.
WHERE TOUGHNESS AND ECONOMY INTERSECT
Although the 1500 Series offers a low-cost alternative to the 3900 Series (see Page 12), they still feature sturdy construction to stand up to the rigors of field contours, while supporting rake wheels at a pre-set level. You also get:
• A rugged box-beam frame that ensures both stability on rough terrain and a long service life.
• The same 55-inch-diameter rake wheels used on the 3900 Series for efficient handling of heavy crop materials and easy replacement (60-inch-diameter rake wheels standard on 1510S and 1512S models).
• Rake wheels mounted in pairs on pivoting brackets that oscillate over field contours and pick material that others miss.
• An adjustable drawbar clevis that allows you to level the rake wheel beams to match the tractor drawbar height.
• Your choice of three raking widths on each model (10 raking widths available on 1510S and 1512S models), so you can fine-tune your width by simply adjusting the turnbuckle on each wing.
ADJUSTABLE FLOAT SPRINGS on each rake arm let the operator select just the right amount of down pressure for the crop and field conditions.
ONE SINGLE-ACTING CYLINDER folds both wings for easy transport (available on 1508, 1510 and 1512 models).